Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Development of Shoot N' Skedaddle

Here is quick glimpse of the development of Shoot N' Skedaddle from a quick personal project into a retail product.

Prototype Stage
The original game was made from cards I knocked out on Microsoft Paint in an evening.  I had the idea around two or three in the afternoon and I think I had the cards finished by two or three the next morning!  They were...simple.




An early test game at Siege of Augusta in January, 2014.
  

1st Edition
After some test games I moved forward and started adding some generic artwork and colour to the cards.  I revised a handful of things and actually had two "versions" of this first edition because a computer crash in the middle of a session meant I lost almost all of my original card files!  (And this folks, is why you make copies...)
Another venture to Siege of Augusta with the 1st edition...this game was hosted by my friend Bryan.  The scenario?  Keep the game author from being executed!  Nothing says complimentary like having a friend hang you in effigy in a board game!
 


2nd Edition
The second edition of Shoot N' Skedaddle represents the way I wanted the game to look originally.  At the time I had limited photoshop skills or understanding of how to put the stuff together.  Fast forward a few hundred hours of painfully teaching myself how to better design cards and the result is the new and shiny version available today.  Feedback from the first edition has been taken into consideration.  It is my hope that this edition will run for quite some time - with add-ons possible in the future.










No comments:

Post a Comment